ACCA stands for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. At The Millennium University College (TMUC), it provides a framework of qualifications that can lead to Chartered Accountancy. After the skills module of the examinations, students are eligible for obtaining a BSc. (Hons.) in Applied Accounting from the Oxford Brookes University, the UK.
- 2 passes at GCE/VCE A Level (grades A-E) plus 3 passes at GCSE/Vocational GCSE/GCE O Level (grades A-C or 1-6) in 5 separate subjects including English and Mathematics.
- (Intermediate Examinations/ Higher School Certificate at 50% or above can be accepted as a substitute for O Levels)
Benefits of the ACCA Qualification
- Maximum time allowed to complete the qualification is 10 years and its flexible mode provides students an opportunity to work while they are studying.
- Gaining such a qualification is evidence that the holder possesses skills and knowledge which are in high demand by employers in industry, banking, auditing, consulting as well as other professions like taxation and law.
- The qualification does not concentrate only on theory, and unlike Universities prepares a graduate for practical usage.
- Gives a unique position in a job market making you more competitive not only within your company or sector, but among your colleagues in the European Union, as well as enabling you to work abroad.
- Opportunity to have UK universities BSc (Hons.) after passing 9 papers out of total 14 papers and to pursue MBA from international universities.
For more information please visit: http://www.tmuc.edu.pk/course/acca/
Most accounting qualifications train people for private practice, working on external audit and tax issues. CIMA at The Millennium University College (TMUC) prepares people for a career in business. It teaches skills for strategic advice, managing risk and making key decisions. Our syllabus is designed to deliver a strong understanding of all aspects of business so our members can contribute in many areas of an organisation. CIMA is the world’s largest and leading professional body of management accountants. CIMA members are qualified to work across an organisation, not just in finance. In addition to strong accounting fundamentals, CIMA at The Millennium University College (TMUC) teaches strategic business and management skills:
- Analysis– they analyse information and using it to make business decisions.
- Strategy– they formulate business strategy to create wealth and shareholder value.
- Risk– they identify and manage risk.
- Planning– they apply accounting techniques to plan and budget.
- Communication– they determine what information management needs and explain the numbers to non-financial managers
How to Start CIMA
Anyone can study CIMA, whether you’re new to business and accounting or already have some experience. The only requirements are competence in mathematics and the English language.
For more information please visit: http://www.tmuc.edu.pk/course/cima/